Most Active Stories
- Montgomery may ban smoking, Sirius-XM settlement
- Governor Bentley Challenges Legislators to Lead on Budget Crisis
- Alabama GOP Chief: "No Third term," Airbus is hiring
- Tough State Budget Choices, and an Eating detector for the holidays?
- High School Graduation rate improves, Montgomery "no smoking" ban
Holiday Traffic Fatals
Mon July 7, 2014
10 Die In Holiday Weekend Wrecks In Alabama
Alabama state troopers investigated 10 traffic fatalities during the long Fourth of July weekend.
The troopers report that three of the fatalities were in Lowndes County. There was one fatality each in St. Clair, Coffee, Mobile, Perry, Walker, Monroe and Tuscaloosa counties. One of the fatalities was a pedestrian and four people were killed on motorcycles.
The long weekend began at 6 p.m. Thursday and ended at midnight Sunday. The troopers report they investigated 237 wrecks during that period, and the wrecks involved 123 injuries.
Alabama Traffic Deaths