Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- Restraining order against Lear Corp, First Lady at Tuskegee and Tallapoosa County tax vote
- Gambling bill hearing, potential mental health cuts and Alzheimer's research
- Red Snapper Season, Alabama High School Cycling League
- Where Poor Kids Grow Up Makes A Huge Difference
Holiday Traffic Fatals
Mon July 7, 2014
10 Die In Holiday Weekend Wrecks In Alabama
Alabama state troopers investigated 10 traffic fatalities during the long Fourth of July weekend.
The troopers report that three of the fatalities were in Lowndes County. There was one fatality each in St. Clair, Coffee, Mobile, Perry, Walker, Monroe and Tuscaloosa counties. One of the fatalities was a pedestrian and four people were killed on motorcycles.
The long weekend began at 6 p.m. Thursday and ended at midnight Sunday. The troopers report they investigated 237 wrecks during that period, and the wrecks involved 123 injuries.
Alabama Traffic Deaths