Most Active Stories
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- "My favorite story..." by Kathryn Tucker Windham's daughter...
- 'Biblical marriage' rally planned in Dothan
- Charter school bill in House, prison reform bill headed to Senate, and kids "Kick Butts"
- Madison police officer trial moved up, Kick Butts Day, Charter school legislation
Mon July 19, 2004
10 Commandments Monument To Be Moved
By Alabama Public Radio
Montgomery, AL – The 10 Commandments monument could be removed from the Alabama Judicial Building Monday. Texas-based American Veterans in Domestic Defense announced last week that they had reached an agreement with former Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore to take the granite monument on a national God Bless America tour. The veterans group plans to begin the tour in Tennessee and cover several states across the country. The organization's goal is to drop off the monument at the U-S Capitol, where Moore has asked Congress to display it prominently. Moore lost his job for refusing to move the monument out of the judicial building's rotunda. The monument has been locked in a storage closet in the state courthouse since last August. The monument is scheduled to be removed at 6 p.m. Monday.