Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Why Don't Ants Need A Leader?
- APR Civil War Coverage Nominated for 2 National Murrow Awards
- Sylacauga Blue Bell plant closes, marijuana bill dead and Battle of Selma
- College board bill stalls, lawmakers' "attack on women" and UA filmmaker headed to Cannes
Maggie Martin was the host of Morning Edition at Alabama Public Radio. The popular news program airs every weekday morning starting at 5:00 AM. For over three decades, Morning Edition has taken listeners around the country and the world with news stories, interviews and commentaries. Maggie highlighted the wide range of programming featured on Morning Edition, from the informative to the quirky.
A native of Rochester, N.Y., Maggie started her public radio career as a reporter and weekend news anchor at WFUV based out of Fordham University in New York City. She filed daily news stories on the tri-state area and covered Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Super Tuesday 2008 among other reports.
After graduating Fordham in 2009, Maggie spent a few years between Chapel Hill, N.C., Wilmington, N.C., and Austin, TX to hone her skills. Her most memorable stories during her travels include a couple who owned four pet bears (Albert, Cherry Bomb, Baloo and Teddy) along North Carolina’s coast and covering the Texas GOP election on an exotic game ranch (complete with zebras and buffalo) outside of Austin, TX.
Maggie joined APR in December 2010 and stayed with us until 2013. She received an Associated Press Award for The Battle of Fort Gaines. Her favorite stories to cover are the historical and quirky.