Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- "More Bridges to Cross..."
- FAA Investigation after Tuscaloosa Air Show Collision, UA Football Players Arrested, Diabetes
- Jefferson County School Board announces cuts, layoffs
- Obama visits Birmingham, Medicaid expansion, tuberculosis testing at Homewood High School
Kathy Henslee began working for Alabama Public Radio as Development Director in 1992. She oversees fundraising for the station, including on-air fund drives, underwriting, membership, special events and major events. In her time on staff, the station has grown from serving Tuscaloosa/West Alabama and the Shoals area in northwest Alabama to a full network, serving more than two-thirds of the state.
Kathy is originally from Nashville, Tennessee and is a graduate of The University of the South in Sewanee, Tennessee. During her college years, she worked as the Public Relations Director at WUTS, a 10 watt station on the Sewanee campus. She moved to Tuscaloosa, Alabama when she married her husband, Ron.
In Tuscaloosa, she made community connections through volunteering for numerous non-profits. A history of business experience and volunteer work led her to Alabama Public Radio.
After many years of dedicated service to APR, Kathy will be retiring at the end of January 2015.