Most Active Stories
- Auto workers petition to block UAW, 2015 red snapper season and Cycling League state championship
- College board bill stalls, lawmakers' "attack on women" and UA filmmaker headed to Cannes
- Charges Dropped on UA's Jones, Planned Parenthood attacks, Bo Bikes Bama
- Be Kind to Animals Week 1915-2015
- Dazzling Trumpeter Rolf Smedvig Dies Suddenly
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.