Most Active Stories
- Alabama Charter School Legislation is Here... Now What?
- Cambridge University Unearths Medieval Hospital Cemetery
- Medicaid Expansion in Alabama: The Battle of the Five Armies
- FAA Investigation after Tuscaloosa Air Show Collision, UA Football Players Arrested, Diabetes
- Jefferson County School Board announces cuts, layoffs
John Powers is the pop culture and critic-at-large on NPR's Fresh Air with Terry Gross. He previously served for six years as the film critic.
Powers covers film and politics for Vogue and Vogue.com. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Harper's BAZAAR, The Nation, Gourmet, The Washington Post, The New York Times and L.A. Weekly, where he spent twelve years as a critic and columnist.
A former professor at Georgetown University, Powers is the author of Sore Winners, a study of American culture during President George W. Bush's administration.
He lives in Pasadena, California, with his wife, Sandi Tan.