Most Active Stories
- Saudi Airstrikes Raise Doubts Abroad, Spark Patriotic Fervor At Home
- "Spice" patients increasing, Test confirms marijuana brownies, Battle of Selma re-enactment
- Selma Auto Workers Lawsuit, Strange Wants Lethal Injection Drug, Mobile Bay Earth Day
- Lear denies allegations, The Great Invisible and new Little Lagoon Bridge
- Bentley on state budget, Alabama Nature Conservancy and new round of BP recovery funding
Dave Clark was born in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1950 and has lived in Alabama since 1990, when he came to Montgomery to teach professional military education at the United States Air Force Senior Non-Commissioned Officer Academy at Maxwell Airforce Base.
In high school, Dave played the trumpet and led his own dance band. He has loved big band music since at least age 11, when he used to listen to it both on various Detroit radio stations and on his parents' record collection.
Getting Sentimental Over You has been on the air since February 2002. It was a spin-off of Dale Owen's The Crooners. Dave plays music from his own 4,000-plus record collection.
Dave retired from the Air Force in 1995 at the rank of Senior Master Sergeant after 26 years of active duty, which included assignments to Vietnam, Korea, and The Republic of Panama as a member of the world's largest police force, the USAF Security Police.
He holds associate degrees in Criminology and Instructor of Technology from the Community College of the Air Force, a bachelor's degree in Management of Human Resources from Faulkner University, a juris doctorate from Jones School of Law, and a masters degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Alabama.
He is now retired from Lightfoot, Franklin, and White, L. L. C., Trial and Appellate Counsel, in Birmingham, AL.