Podcasts & RSS Feeds
Most Active Stories
- Equality in Alabama? Same-Sex Marriage Reactions
- Same-Sex Marriage couples having trouble getting marriage licenses, Veteran honored in Sylacauga
- Alabama's Reaction to U.S. Supreme Court's ruling on Same Sex Marriage, Child Care sickness suits
- Alabama Governor Robert Bentley releases statement on gay marriage ruling
- Granade Clarifies Ruling, Birmingham to Remove Confederate Monument
He first caught the radio bug when my Cub Scout group toured WXAL-AM in Demopolis. "We were able to see the control room and even record a short 'shout-out' for one of the DJ’s." From that day, he was hooked. He worked weekends for WXAL/WZNJ during high school, for WFFX in Tuscaloosa when he attended UA in 1990, and for WOKK in Meridian, MS while in college at UWA (then Livingston University). After spending several years away from the radio business, he saw the opportunity to return to broadcasting in 2004, when he joined APR as All Things Considered host and Production Coordinator.
The primary job of the Operations staff is to maintain APR’s on-air, automation and production systems. The Operations Manager works with the engineering staff to ensure that audio equipment, computers, and transmission systems work together properly to keep the station on the air. He serves as chief operator for APR’s transmitters, monitoring their performance and notifying our engineers when repairs or maintenance are necessary. Emergency Alert System (EAS) tests and record keeping are also the responsibility of the Ops department. He also serves as traffic manager for the station, building and maintaining daily schedules for airing programs and underwriting announcements. Recording and producing underwriting and promotional announcements are also part of the job.